Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Babies and Babysitting

This week (Tuesday to Tuesday) Alan and I are babysitting Sarah and Dan's 6 kidders while they get time to themselves to vacation in New York. There are two things that after only ONE day I can take away with me.

1. If you have 6 children, you mind as well have 20, they all start blurring together!

2. Sleeping in until 7 am is a blessing with 6 children that could potentially get up at any given time all night long.

We are lucky cause these 6 kids are great kids. (Actually, ALL my nieces and nephews are GREAT kids!) Sarah and Dan have them on a routine with chores and schedules, which keeps them all busy and active for the most part. (Keeping me active as well driving them around!) This week will be a busy one, but also a fun one with all the babers!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I can only imagine 6. They are really good kids and Sarah's super organized and keeps that family going. I couldn't do it - I'm in awe of those that can though! You and Alan are so good with them too! They are lucky to have you (and so are we!).

Anonymous said...

Might I add---you and Alan are their second set of parents. Not only do you love them like you were their parents, but I think YOU and Alan worry about them alomnost more than their first parents do. Sarah and Dan are so blessed to have you watch over them. They are in good hands. Yes, I imagine they could all blur together at some point. Love you, Alice, for who you are and for what you constantly do.

Unknown said...

Honestly though - they are GREAT kids, but you are right . . . they all just start blurring together. :)

Anonymous said...

Noticed no activity on your blog- I will write for you---- Alice is sick with the flu after taking care of Brock who had the flu. You are so sick that Alan has taken care of the children all day on Sunday while you try to give Jessica treatments for breathing cuz she now has the flu, too. Thank you, Alan, for allowing Alice to take a three hour nap with Jessica while you handled the other five. Son-in-laws do not come any better than you. Hang in there, Alice, if anyone can take care of six nieces and nephews and still be sick, its you and your dear husband.

Unknown said...

Alice - I knew I should have taken Jessica home!!!! Next time I am not asking and just going to do it!!!