Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Our Christmas/New Year's

Well, the holidays have officially come to a close. We had such a blast having Christmas through New Year's off work to spend time with our families and get to rest. (well maybe not rest, but have tons of fun) Let me fill you in on where we've been the last 2 weeks!


Sunday before Christmas my mom and dad arrived at our house and we all started our christmas vacation. Monday night Alan and I hosted Christmas Eve dinner at our house. Leah had an idea to do a fondue night so we made the Melting Pot's spinach cheese fondue (if you havent tried it, I highly recommend it) without fail and it actually turned out pretty yummy. We had tri-tip for our main course and then dipped starwberries, bananas, cheescake, etc in Sarah's chocolate fondue fountain. (Which all the kiddos got a HUGE kick out of)



after dinner Grandma read the kids a Christmas story and Leah's family opened new Christmas Pajama's!



On Christmas day we headed over to Dan and Sarah's house for brunch and family gift opening. We spent all day there playing with the kid's new toys, talking, hanging out and having family time.



After Christmas the next few days FLEW by! The guys: Dan, Alan and my dad went to the sand dunes leaving us gals for 3 days of GIRL time! We had some shopping trips, some lunches, and errands to run to get ready for the cabin.

On Friday we (the whole family) drove up to Pinetop to enjoy New Year's in a cabin my parents rented for us! There was tons of snow and sleding and we all had a great time! Alan and Dan went to Sunrise Ski Park on Saturday and Monday and did some snowboarding while the rest of us hung around the cabin, played in the snow, went sleding and drove around in Dan/Sarah's Rhino. We didn't even have to go very far to sled since the backyard of the cabin was the National Forest!



We finally arrived home yesterday afternoon and crashed after watching the Rose Bowl. I have to say this Christmas, although busy, was one of my favorites. Our family really spent some quality time together and we enjoyed spending it with them.

Our fun isn't quite over yet, tomorrow we have Susie, Chance and Justin coming in to visit for the weekend! We are so excited to get to spend some time with them too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your web site, your blog, but most of all I love YOU!!!!!

Megan said...

Fun pictures!! I haven't taken 1 picture in the last 2 weeks, maybe longer. I'm glad someone did! :)

Anonymous said...

How come you are not writng on your blog. I am now hooked on coming home and reading everyones blog. Its the highlight of my day. Especially since you told me how to respond to the blogs now.

Anonymous said...

Mom- I think it's because I get going and write a novel by the time I'm done! :)