Saturday, January 30, 2010

Postponed Maternity Leave

So this week I've come to the conclusion that while I search high and low for a job (yeah, who'd a thought a RN position would even be hard to find) that I'm on a postponed maternity leave. I think calling it that makes me feel better, instead of just not finding a job. Since after my C/S with Chad I was back at school/clinicals in less than a week, I think its time for a maternity leave (since my child is 7 months old now). I'm SO enjoying getting things done around the house that have been on my list forever and spending quality time with Chad. His age right now is so much fun! I've also been able to hang out with family again which is LOONG over due. Yesterday I was up at Sarahs babysitting Jake and Jessi so she could go to the temple and I came across this cute thing..

AKA Hand Sanitizer which she LOVES.

Then we were off to the Docs for Chad's nurse visit to get his flu booster shot. Now, call me a wimp or whatever you'd like but I DO NOT like when he gets shots because I think its cruel when he's laying there smiling at me and then BAM! screaming! I understand that's how it goes but whenever I can pawn off this duty to Alan I do, although I also end up in the room anyways. Yesterday was just one shot so he puckered and then it was over, no screaming, what a good boy. The nurse was SUPER fast too, which I obviously liked.


Next, we stopped by Leah's on the way home because she was off early from school since it was Parent Teacher conferences this week. We came across this cutie wearing his Uncles hat.

Next week I'm planning a trip to Sarahs again to help her sort through her closets, I know, a nice sister but I figure since I'm not doing anything and she's 6 months pregnant and all, I could help out... :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

You can come visit us!!

Lindsay said...

Cleaning out sarah's closets are always fun days!! Yay for a postponed maternity leave. You definitely deserve it!

mom said...

You so deserve time off to reconnect with the family. Love you!