Thursday, January 28, 2010

4 Years

Today marked our 4 year Anniversary! Now when I say 4 years, I mean 4 years married which actually seems like nothing compared to our history. We met in junior high and started "dating" my sophomore year of high school. We were in the same group of friends and looking back to those high school days I honestly can't believe how far we've come. After high school ended I stayed in California and went to college for a year and found that California was not where I needed to be, so I packed up my stuff and left family and friends, including Alan, and moved out to Arizona to live with my sister and her husband. That choice was one of the best choices I've made and what lead us to where we are today. I moved in August 2002, Alan decided he was ready to be baptized and in Dec 2002 he was baptized. In Jan 2003 Alan packed up and left everyone in California to move to a little studio apartment out here in Arizona where I was living with my sister and the rest is history. We were married 4 years ago today in the Newport Beach Temple. We have know each other for half our lives and in that time we have made memories that only us can share and ones we'll never forget. As we visited California this past weekend we were sitting on my parents living room couch and thinking back to when Alan would come over and tutor me in Math on that same couch and now our son was there rolling around with us. (which is actually funny because the last thing Alan worried about in high school was actual school work...) :) It's so amazing how things work out and how Heavenly Father puts things in our path to guide us to the decisions we make that lead us in the right direction even though at times we can't understand why. I'm so blessed to have Alan as my husband and I'm so grateful for him being part of my life because there is no one in this world other than him that I would want to make those memories with and share eternity! Happy Anniversary Love! I love you!

The 4th year gift is flowers and fruit so Alan made chocolate covered strawberries!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I don't know why that made me cry, but it did! Love you guys! Happy 4th!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Happy four years!! I love your long history, amazing :)

mom said...

It made me cry, too. Dad and I are blessed in so many ways. We have beautiful children and wonderful son and daughter -in- laws who are active in the church and live righteously. We love you both very very much. Words cqn not express how proud we are of both of you. Happy 4th!

Husband said...

I am truly blessed to have a wife like Alice. You are my everything and will be for eternity. I love you with all my heart!! And Chad too!! 143