Friday, January 23, 2009

School is back in full swing...

Yep, that's right. Back in school. This week was our first week back into regular life from the holidays (aside from work) and I'm already counting down the days till May! Alan is in school every night except Fridays like me so our weekends are going to be cherished! :) We did get a long break but it always seems to fly by! This semester, in Block 2, already seems way more organized than Block 1 which I definitely like better but we also only have 300 points instead of 600 that are actually proctored into our 76% to pass the Block which I don't like because you don't have many chances to improve your grade with other points. I guess that means I have no lee-way on tests. Also this Block, we have more teachers than just one for Pharm and one for Theory, there are 4 total and Theory and Pharm are combine in class, not separate causing our tests to be the same and from 4 different teachers point of views, so that should be fun!
Tomorrow is the day Alan has been waiting for since going last year, MONSTER JAM! and this year the whole family is going so I cant wait to see the little looks on all the nephews faces! They are going to love it!
Next Thursday (the 29th) is the day I (and Alan) have been waiting for since October! Our 2D Ultrasound! I cannot WAIT to go to the ultrasound and see our little bugger growing healthy and finally put a gender to our addition! Most the family has been leaning towards a girl, which makes me think that is all the more reason to think its a boy! I asked Alan what he thought we were having (after expressing he wants a boy first to take care of our daughter, then saying a girl would be great too) and he said he "feels" like its a girl, but whenever I see the baby in an ultrasound I always think its a "he" I'm looking at....so we'll just wait and see! We just want a healthy little bugger, boy or girl! Everyone in the family has had a boy first and Alan has 3 brothers, no sisters so I think our boy odds are pretty high! :) I'll be sure to post next Thursday once we know!

3 comments:

Megan said...

How did Alan's doctor appointment go???

I bet you are DYING for next Thursday. That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear what little Fletcher baby is going to be! I don't really have any thoughts - except that we all had boys first, not that there's really any science to it, I don't think. It all totally depends on when you ovulated and who got there first! :) Yay for the 29th!

Anonymous said...

The 29th can't come soon enough for me. I predict a boy. I want to go shopping!!!!

Andalynn said...

Alice
Congrats on your first baby! That is so exciting! When I saw your Blog on Dallin and Sherry's I was so excited. I cant beliieve how much the Porter Family has grown up! They are all so big! Oh and Jessica... I havent seen them since the week she was born :(
I am happy to see you all doing well. Tell Sarah and Family I said hi and miss them so much.
P.S. Tell her she needs a Blog!
Andalynn Baum (Andie)