Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Joys of being Healthy

So as many of you know I have been trying to get healthy, (it's been great fun let me tell you) and get back into shape like I was in High School (or close to) so I have been trying to eat well and healthy which has worked really well for me. I'm not a big fan of exercise so I figured if I cut back calories and eat well I would notice the difference which I definitely have and it has totally worked. But after doing this for a few months now I've noticed I've kind of come to a stand still. My body won't do it for me anymore and maybe I need to get out and actually work for it to loose the rest of the weight, argh! :( So my question is, does anyone have any tips on an easy but affective workout? Any tips on new foods that might help jump start the process again and get my body going? Anything? Maybe I should just suck it up and start running! :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Alice,

I've been walking in the mornings and I love it. It is a great way to start the day and clear your mind. It's my morning quiet time, where I enjoy the peace of my surroundings and get to think about the day ahead of me. I come back feeling refreshed and ready (no matter how tired I was when I got up). It's easy and free - all you need is tennis shoes. I would start out at 20-30 minutes and then increase to 30-40 minutes.

I'm not sure about muscle toning, I need to do that too. I've heard that the 30 minute shred is a great workout, so I might buy that DVD.

I'm not the expert at eating. What works for me is a balanced carb/protein diet....where I eat 1 of each 4 times a day (good carbs that is, fruit, whole grains, etc). Ex: breakfast: oatmeal, blueberries, milk, lunch: chicken salad on wheat bread, dinner: grilled veggies and shrimp or chicken.

You are already eating good, so I don't know what to tell you.

And you look great! You are keeping me motivated too!

Anonymous said...

Wii Fit

Anonymous said...

Thats right--......it up and start running. You can even run in the privacy of your own home, watching tv as you do it!! Come on sweet girl, you can make this last ditch effort to run. Go Alice!! (I'm sure you are reading this thinking, heard this before) But isn't that what mom's are for,especially this one. Love ya , dear!

Megan said...

Hey! OK so I was just blog-hopping and thought I'd give you my suggestion. I absolutely LOATHE excersizing and working out...but I do love swimming. Just getting in the pool and moving around will do wonders. You can look up some articles on water aerobics, or better yet - go hop in a pool that's about 3-4 feet deep and just walk around. You can also tread water a million different ways, working all the different parts of your body. I'm serious - this is the best workout for your body and you don't even feel like you're working out. You don't get hot, and you don't smell all sweaty after. I don't even get my hair wet! :) If you want some specific excersizes I can help you more...but that's just my soapbox for the day! I hate the plateau when you're trying to loose weight, but you've just got to change things up a bit. Good luck!