Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Pup Update

This weekend Alan and I decided it was time to give our puppies a new place to live. We currently had them in a BIG kiddie pool which worked GREAT until they realized they could conveniently escape over the sides leaving Alan and I to a mess on our tile bathroom floor. It would be fine to leave them on the tile since it's not carpet BUT then our bathroom will smell like dogs because of the grout which I'm definitely not about. So last night for FHE we decided to make a Home Depot trip. Now, normally in a situation like this that requires skill and building materials for the home, you can count me out and Alan always has the plan, but this time around Alan actually wanted me to participate and go to Home Depot and brainstorm with him so I took the opportunity. Of course he already had a great plan but he let me in on the decision making (As I pretended to know what we were talking about). We decided on getting a roll of vinyl (linoleum) flooring to lay down over the tile floor so the doggies could walk around all over the vinyl flooring pottying until their hearts content and it would stay right there on the vinyl until we cleaned it up. Also, they are learning to eat on their own and if anyone has trained a pup to eat food, it's good fun, believe me. So because the pups are in our bathroom the shower and bath and closet are their walls, which makes it nice. We were concerned about our cabinets so Alan (who had already thought of this issue) put big cardboard boxes (closed like in a square) up to block them. We didn't get to bed until 11:00pm after cleaning up the bathroom and building the pups new home but all in all, it was a GREAT idea. Now the pups are OFF our tile and grout on vinyl and have tons more room to walk around and play. We even made a potty section, a eating section, and a sleeping section like we were told, but come on who are we kidding? So, I feel a TON better now and can actually sleep at night knowing the doggies are in their new home and not escaping out the sides of a kiddie pool, so thanks Alan (cause I know you secretly read our blog) for always making everything work!

Cute Sleepers

Luke Junior
Getting ready to play
Cardboard boxes.....$2.99
Vinyl Flooring.....$18.54

Keeping pups OFF bathroom floor.....PRICELESS

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

They are getting SO big!!! How cute and cuddly!!!

Megan said...

Awwww! They are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Puppies are so cute--until they grow up. IF they would stay that size I would take one. When I was younger I loved animals of all kinds and couldn't stand to see any of them hurt. I would have taken in all the strays if I could have. My how things change as you get older. Now all I see is work and a big headache. The pictures are darling. Your description is PRICELESS.

Anonymous said...

Nice comments Alice and my question is what ever happened to dogs being outdoors? Nothing more invigorating than puppy poo to make the lawn green. They have a great dog house which Alan also designed. You should play English as a second language tapes to get them ready for advanced learning. Maybe Alan could teach them to drive. What ever happened to the coats God gave them so they would survive outdoors. You two are so easy. Life jackets when they learn to swim? If I was a dog ( and I am sure I have been referred to as a dog by some misinformed creature at some time) I would want to live with you guys. Just whatever you do to bless their lives don't put dog cookies on your sink downstairs.

Alice said...

Ha Ha Dad, I'll remember to move the dog cookies next time your here, we wouldnt want another accident! :)

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Alice, they are soo cute!! But it sure sounds like you have your hands full. Take care.