Thursday, May 1, 2008

Out of his mind!

Today around 2:45pm I got a call from Alan. He had just landed from jumping out of a plane! Yep, you heard me right, he skydived. Now let me give you the back story, last year for Alan's birthday I couldn't think of a thing to get him, I always had skydiving in the back of my mind since he ALWAYS talks about one day actually doing it. So I thought "Yeah, what the heck? He'd love it." Not actually thinking it all the way through, I don't know if I just thought he would never do it or what but as soon as he started talking about scheduling it I freaked! I did NOT want my husband jumping from ANY airplanes! I told him we could give the gift certificate away! After much pleading I made the mistake of saying "if you EVER go and actually do it, I don't want to know about it until AFTER you've landed and are safe." So that is EXACTLY what he did. He scheduled it, jumped from an airplane at 13,000 ft and called me as soon as he landed! Can you believe that?! Here are some pictures from his experience! He has a DVD of the whole thing and as soon as the company posts it online I will link it on my blog in case anyone wants to see!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say??!!! Glad you are on the ground, Alan. What an experience. Leave it to Alice to come up with a gift like that. I know she is glad its over. Now the question is--would you do it again. I'm afraid I already know the answer to that one.

Unknown said...

HOLY CRAP! Did Alan pee his pants?!?!

Megan said...

I love it!! How fun and brave for Alan. I love his adventurous-ness (if that's a word!) And cute that he followed your request to not tell you until he landed.

Mel said...

How fun for Alan! How scary for Alice! I love the pics of him in the air. Thats awesome!!!