Friday, August 29, 2008

First day of 16 months...DONE!

I left the house yesterday morning with this: and returned home with this:
Seriously?! Who was I kidding?

Yesterday marked the first day of a long 16 months ahead of me! I have now completed Nursing Orientation. The first real day of class starts Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday) and I'm excited to get into the class and see exactly what its all about! I was a little overwhelmed when I needed to borrow a dollie to take my books to the car but nonetheless, I'm excited to finally be starting the program!
On a lighter note, we've had Leah and the boys this week with us since Carl is out of town and it has been alot of fun! Carl gets home tonight and I'm sad to lose them!

We are looking forward to relaxing this weekend and doing NOTHING! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there is anyone who can do Nursing School, it is YOU! Best of Luck. Dad and I are so proud of you. We know you will succeed with flying colors. The family is behind you 100%. YOU can do ANYTHING you set your mind to,you have proven that over and over again in your life. Love you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, whose cute grandchildren are those eating ice cream!? That's right, they're mine!

Megan said...

Wow - did they give you the bag too? Hopefully! That's a ton of books! Is it just the beginning? I'm so excited for you to finally be starting! There's lots of nurses in our ward actually....young moms and old.

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Hi Alice! Hey thanks so much for your sweet comment! Wow looks like you've got quite the load with nursing school! I admire you for your drive to do it! Good luck!! Also it looks like you had a great time in Cali with your family! I would've loved munching on that crab- YUMMY!!

Alice said...

Megan- the bag is actually supplies for Lab, like syringes and demo drugs and all that fun stuff, it would have been nice to get a bag though! :)