Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Official

It's official....Abby's pregnant. (For those of you who don't know Abby, she is our pup) Alan and I have tried not to believe it and actually ignored her ever growing belly, but it was confirmed last night when we brought her upstairs for bed and she laid down with her belly sticking out for us to see. It was almost like she KNEW we didn't believe her. So I figured out a timeline...while we were babysitting Sarah and Dan's kiddos early in Feb I rememeber Alan talking to my brother David on his birthday and mentioning Luke and Abby together, which means we have less than 25 days to prepare for puppies. Abby is already 36 days or 5 weeks into her pregnancy and normally dogs are pregnant 60-63 days or 9 weeks. So after realizing she is knocked up I did a little research on the internet and talking to my brother. (David and Lindsay had 8 boxer puppies 2 yrs ago) I have to admit I'm pretty nervous about the whole birthing part even though Abby is a good dog and will take care of it, I just KNOW she is going to find some random place in our home to birth her puppies! (i.e. the closet or under the bed) So let me know if anyone is looking for a puppy cause in about 2 1/2-3 months we'll have some for sell! (Mom, you know, Mattie really needs a friend to play with, she's lonely outside all day!) :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ooooh! I'll come hold a puppy...but we'll leave it there! I'm already changing poopy diapers on 2 kidders! Don't need a puppy too! ;)

Unknown said...

Oh Alice - it is alot of work but those puppers are so cute!!! It was amazing to watch Maggie give birth to 8 puppies and she just knew exactly what to do!! Abby will be a great little momma! Just get a kids plastic pool and old blankets and you will be just fine!

Anonymous said...

Oh no----Mattie is just fine the way she is!!! When her time comes, thats it, Away goes kennel and all. Puppies are for the young and young at heart. No Dad, that doesn't mean you!!