Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Spring (Winter) Cleaning

I dont know WHY but I'm not a big fan at all of cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind keeping the house clean, doing the laundry, the dishes and picking up after myself and Alan, all the normal cleaning stuff and our house is normally very clean but I do not like scrubbing or actually thinking of having to go home from work and clean, which happens to be today.

Friday we have Alan's mom coming into town for the weekend to have an early Christmas with us. It will be nice to have her here to spend time with us and hang out which means the house needs to be spotless and when I say spotless, I dont mean the normal cleaning we do all the time I mean spring, or in this case, winter cleaning. We are going to get crazy like moving furniture crazy and everything out of shelves crazy. I know once I'm home and actually doing it I 'll be glad and will feel a ton better once its done, but for now I'm not a big fan of thinking about it.

Lucky for me, I have a great husband that totally helps and involves himself in the dreaded cleaning. Sometimes I'll come home late from school and he will suprise me and have the house clean. Those are the best cleaning days, ones I dont even have to think about! So just maybe....if I stay at work late enough today....just kidding. Today is dreaded cleaning day. I know there are worst things than cleaning so I'll buck up and do it. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm not crazy about cleaning but I LOVE it when it's done. The bathrooms are my pet peeve, so I feel like I'm cleaning them like every other day. But then there's the dusting, and the windows, and the floors, and the laundry - oh, I'm right there with you! No fun!

Cute blog though! Welcome! Hee, hee! :)