Thursday, December 13, 2007

Holidays

I LOVE the holidays! It all starts around Halloween, which is my favorite holiday, I love dressing up and taking nieces and nephews around trick or treating. Even though I'm not too fond of scary movies, I love scary decorations and the whole Halloween scene. It seems like right after Halloween we start preparing for Thanksgiving. The Fall season is in full bloom by then and the weather has cooled off. We get to prepare a feast of all kinds of food and gather with family. Immediately after Thanksgiving, Christmas has already started. Stores have there Christmas items up and if your like my sister Sarah the day you leave out of town for Thanksgiving your Thanksgiving decorations are down and your Christmas ones are up even if its still November. :) Christmas time is always a great time to reflect on the previous year and your blessings. Each year while writing our Christmas card, I get to reflect on the year before and think about how blessed we are. This Christmas like most Christmas' we get to spend it with our family. I think the holidays are exactly for that, family. Alan and I are so greatful for the families we were placed in and we are so blessed to be able to spend the holidays with them.

No comments: