Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

We all have different reasons for celebrating Mother's Day and reasons why we feel like Mother's ourselves, but for me Mother's Day this year was not a day to honor myself but a day to honor our son because this moment here... gave me the honor of being his mom and the title of "Mother" and let me tell you..there's no better job.
Yesterday morning I arrived home from work around 7:30am (yes. I got a job but that's a whole other post for another day) to find flowers downstairs. I could hear Alan in Chad's nursery feeding him his morning bottle and as I walked up the stairs I noticed a sign on the upstairs bedroom door cut out of red construction paper in a heart shape that said "Do not enter! Happy Mother's Day!" Only my awesome husband. After sleeping for awhile I came downstairs to find Alan and Chad outside BBQing for dinner. Alan made BBQed ribs and potato's with rice and rolls. Yum. We also had Kim (MIL) over to celebrate because that woman deserves a day of celebration for raising an amazing son and helping take care of Chad while I work. Even though I complain all the time to Alan about wanting to be home with Chad all day everyday, there is nothing like leaving your baby with someone and knowing he is safe and looked after as well as you could do yourself. (Thanks Kim!) We had a delicious dinner and hung around. After I put Chad down to sleep in his crib Alan told me my appointment was ready and opened the door to the room upstairs that he transformed into a massage place, candles and everything. (TMI? Sorry.) Awesome husband, Awesome Mother's Day. Thanks Daddy. My card even had Chad scribbles on it. Loved it.
But Mother's Day, most importantly, is a day to celebrate the one woman in my life who deserves it more than anything. My mom. There are no words to explain the love I have for this woman and the example she is to me. Alan and I joke around because whenever I have something I cant decide on Ill say something like "Let me think about it some more" and he'll respond with "Or call your mom" and we laugh. My mom would give anything in the world to make sure her children are provided for and taken care of. She is such a strong example of selflessness and love. I know every child thinks they have the best mom in the world but really I do. I am so blessed to be apart of my family here on earth. My hope is to one day be just half the mom she is to me with Chad.
Happy Mothers Day!

4 comments:

Tyler and Kendyl said...

How sweet!! What a guy to do that for you, I think that's awesome!

I hear ya on wanting to be home all day everyday. What would we do without our Mothers or Mother-in-laws?!

I can't wait to hear about the job so get on that would ya!

mom said...

Tears and more tears........ I started crying when I read about your feelings about giving birth almost a year ago to Chad, Alan"s surprise tribute to you as a mother (what a guy) and was sobbing by the time I got to the end. Love you daughter with all of my being AND now you know what unconditional love is, too.
All my love to your dear family.

Megan said...

Chad is SO tiny in that picture! It makes me sad they grow so fast. Yay for your first Mother's Day. Sounds like you got spoiled!

Susie said...

oh! how I just love you and your WONDERFUL husband! I am so happy that your Mother's Day was even more amazing than you anticipated! XOXOX