Saturday, February 27, 2010

Frustration

I'm a little frustrated. All through Nursing School I would hear things like, "It tough to find a job for nurses right now." and things of the sort, but I guess I was so focused in on school and seeing the end I didn't bother with those statements cuz I think I didn't actually believe it could really be so hard. I guess I should have assumed with the economy and even in preceptorship the nurses would chat about it. Yeah, its been super hard. I keep hoping something will pop up and eventually it will but I feel like I've applied for every job out there along with every other new grad. The problem is a lot of places need experience, which is where my frustration lies, how am I to get experience when no one is willing to hire a new grad right now? I know I'm one in a million people who feel this way right now with everything going on with this economy, health care related or not, and it totally sucks.

So in the meantime I will continue my search, and get certified for ACLS, BLS and PALS to help in building my resume...maybe some of those will help me stand out among the million other nurses searching?

But MOST importantly, I will continue to enjoy my free time with my ever growing 8 month old and being able to spend this time with him. There's nothing better in the world.

2 comments:

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I'm sorry that you're still on the hunt but I must say I am jealous that you're getting to spend time with cute Chad. I go back to work Monday and Gus is only 2 weeks old! EEK!! (maybe jealous isn't the right word..but hopefully you get what I'm saying :)
I have used you as an example for myself because you were back in school just days after Chad was born so I keep telling myself that if you did it, I can too! :) Thanks for being the example that has kept me going :)

Megan said...

Sorry! :( I'm glad you get to spend time with Chad....after all, you deserve some rest (and time with him) since you went straight through after delivering c-section! I'm sure it's frustrating though. I remember the long job search for James when we first moved here. Seemed like it was FOREVER that he didn't have a paycheck coming in. Hang in there! We'll keep you in our prayers!