Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Moving Dad and Mom

The last week in May Alan, Chad, Leah and I all packed up and drove out to California to pack up my dad and mom and make the big move to Arizona.  They decided to put their house up on the market when David and Lindsay moved into their home in Eastvale to see if they got any bites. The house was on the market maybe two weeks when a 80 yr old woman who's church is down the street on the corner wanted to move closer to her church. Escrow was 5 days and my parents were on their way to AZ. Luckily, the weekend prior to all this they had driven out for Katie's baptism and put money down on a house here by James and Megan. It all worked out perfectly.
We worked all weekend over Memorial Day and got 35 years packed up and moved into their new home in Arizona!
It was definitely sad to say goodbye to my childhood home but also exciting to have grandpa and grandma close to us in Arizona and finally retired!
California Home
 Packing up the garage (Holy Cow!)
 Throwing away socks! (My dad has numerous boxes of old socks he didn't want to part with!)
 Chad's ready!
 Whole U-haul for airplanes!
 
 

 My empty room
New Arizona home!

No comments: