Friday, March 19, 2010

Funny Story

So this morning I put Chad down for a nap and got in the shower. After getting ready and Chad waking up I headed downstairs to get the diaper bag ready to leave. As I walked into the kitchen to get bottles I noticed something red on the mat, as I inspected closer I noticed it was blood and I could see a trail to the carpet. It looked like someones foot was bleeding as they walked. So my mind starts racing...is my foot bleeding? (as I check both feet)..Nope. Was this here earlier and I missed it? Nope. Is it from Chad? Nope. Obviously I start to panic thinking someone was in my house while I was in the shower and I go into survival mode. I grab Chad off the floor and the phone next to him and head outside while dialing my sisters phone number. Leah picks up and I say (as I start to break down in tears, I know...drama. Its just what happens when you are panicking and you hear a familiar voice) "Can you come over to my house?! I'm outside with Chad, there's blood in my kitchen and I don't know where it came from!" She, Carl and the boys are at my house within 2.5 seconds, Carl gets out and Leah takes Chad and Carl and I head inside to figure this mystery out.

As Carl and I are examining the crime scene, I look over my feet again, ONLY looking at the bottoms of them until Carl points to the back of my foot and says "the back of your heel is bleeding!" Yeah, nice Alice. Drama. So I thought about earlier this morning when the phone was ringing and I jumped up to find it while my big toe (which obviously needs to be cut) jabbed into the back of my foot. Funny how that didn't pop into my mind when I noticed the blood on the floor.

So, a HUGE shout out to Carl and Leah for coming to my rescue today. Seriously, I'm so blessed to have them living close to me, because I'll tell you what, this isn't the first or probably the last time I'll call her in a panic. (Remember Chad's first fever?) I SO appreciate you guys dropping everything and running over here. I owe you BIG time. Next time I'll take a better look around before I start to get crazy. Sorry.

This incident only reaffirmed why I don't watch scary movies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I would have freaked too and done the exact same thing of calling one of my sisters. Sisters are the best! - I stear clear of scary movies too...

Kendyl

grandma b said...

My dear sweet girl........glad all is well. Hurrah for sister Leah!